Elypta’s mission is to prevent mortality from cancer through early detection and closer monitoring. Ongoing trials co-directed or sponsored by Elypta are investigating the use of a new blood and urine molecular diagnostic tests for early cancer detection. We are looking for a passionate Analytical Chemist / Senior Scientist to join the team and bring Elypta’s tests to the market.
Elypta has discovered that a specific class of glycans in human body fluids may have clinical utility in early cancer detection. Elypta aims to be the first company to ever market an in-vitro diagnostic kit bundled with a software to measure the specific glycan profile with applications ranging from research use to clinical diagnostics. Early detection of cancer is key to improving patients’ chances of survival.
Elypta is a start-up located in Stockholm within the Karolinska Institute campus (AWL Innomedicum). Manufacturing is outsourced to Merck, US.
Elypta is now seeking a highly motivated Analytical Chemist / Senior Scientist who will be instrumental to develop, validate and improve Elypta's kits.
This is a full-time position in Stockholm, Sweden.
The candidate will report to the VP of R&D.
As a Senior Scientist at Elypta, the candidate will be responsible for developing, verifying, validating, improving, and testing Elypta's kits to satisfy commercial applications. In compliance with Quality Management Systems (ISO 13485:2016, FDA 21 CFR Part 820) and Good Laboratory Practice, the candidate will actively participate in the development of laboratory kits.
- Lead method development and execute specific R&D projects
- Design, plan and execute appropriate laboratory experiments, such as method optimization, kit development tests, as well as verification and validation testing to meet performance, stability, and cost requirements
- Prioritize and manage activities to meet defined timelines
- Generate documentation (plans, reports, SOPs etc)
- Formulate and prepare assay reagents and buffers
- Transfer of completed development projects into manufacturing of commercial products
- Set up methods on liquid handling robots
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation and equipment
- Participate in lab maintenance and improvement work
- Liaise with the laboratory manager, supervisors, co-workers, consultants/CROs and end users
Elypta is a start-up based in Stockholm. As Elypta advances, we expect the role and challenges we face to evolve, and we are therefore looking for a flexible and dedicated candidate who wants to contribute to developing novel methods that can improve modern health care.
- M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry / Biochemistry or related discipline. PhD extra meriting
- 5-year experience in analytical chemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industry, clinical or academic laboratory work (analytical chemistry or related discipline) required
- Significant Mass Spectrometry experience (e.g., method development, method optimization, method verification and validation and instrument maintenance), including experience on MS data analysis and data interpretation
- Ability to independently write plans, reports and supporting documentation to a high standard
- Ability to independently plan and organize experimentsand other activities according to given timelines
- Experience of working within a regulated environment, ideally within the IVD/medical device industry (ISO13485), the pharmaceutical industry or within clinical chemistry laboratory
- Project management skills are extra meriting
Skills and personal characteristics
- Excellent organizational skills and precision in work
- Excellent practical laboratory skills
- Excellent documentation skills, including writing study protocols and reports for regulatory submissions
- High attention to details with the ability to create clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to complete assigned actions with high quality on a timely manner
- Openness and an excellent ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to solve problems and know when to seek help
- Ability to question the method and curiosity to propose improvements
- Strong drive and motivation for personal development
- Good computer skills
- Fluent in English
Apply by sending a CV and cover letter to Eleanor Doolin, Charlton Morris:
Employment starts at earliest possible date.